Sunday, March 13, 2011

So....


I come bearing not-so-pleasant news. I got my first rejection letter from Harvard. Not a good thing and I was bummed out for like 30 seconds and bounced back to my usual happy, chipper self. So, no biggie.

And as I am sure some of you are wondering about my frog-turned-prince of a plastic surgeon, I will relay my latest news. We texted back and forth for the last week and a half and spoke on the phone twice (5 minutes the first time and 10 minutes the second, both of which he initiated). I can tell he is super naive and shy (the shy part I knew because he told me) about women and dating (which of course explains his bachelorhood at the age of 38). According to my old primary teacher, the man likes me and is interested in me. But because I am moving back to the States later this year, I think both of us are a bit hesitant about developing this relationship. Well, I guess I can't speak for him but that's my guess. Or as some of you may say, "He's just not that into you!" In which case, I may just resort to grooming my blog and have her date other blogs and find fulfillment in the happiness of my cyber creation. Ah man, that sounds so depressing.

5 comments:

  1. I knew a guy once who graduated from Harvard. He worked for the power company, but he got demoted for being incompetent. Harvard is the best only because there has to be a best for people to shoot for, but it actually might not be the best, or best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I wouldn't have gone even if I got accepted. I just wanted to be accepted so I could turn Harvard down. (hehehehe) I still have 3 more schools to hear from and I haven't received any rejection letters from them so here's some hoping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your major and your career goal? (I am a professor, so I ask questions like these.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah. You don't know anything about me. I got my BA and MM in vocal performance. I am trying to get into a Ph.D. program in ethnomusicology. My career goal is to become rich and famous doing music and ethnomusicology stuff. You know, I should write a post about my dream. That'll be my next post, I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know a little about ethnomusicology because my late wife was an ethnomusicologist who was trained at Kunitachi in Tokyo and then at UCLA. It's really cool and interesting, but I think it is hard to become rich and famous. Actually it is hard to make a living. But you know that. Maybe the Korea Has Talent thing will launch your singing career and your worries will be over. Making a living is good, but following dreams is even better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails