Monday, January 24, 2011

The Funk of Life

Yes, I am still alive and kicking. And yes I do feel a little bit guilty for neglecting my blog. I feel I have to explain myself for being "cyberally" absent except that I don't really have a good excuse. But the important thing is that I am back.

I have transferred to a different program at work. I no longer work for a talk program "Heart to Heart." Now I am part of a team that is preparing for a Korean version of the "The Apprentice" except that it will also be in English and my job is to translate the script and questions from Korean to English. (And also to interview the contestants and test their English skills before they are selected to appear on the show.) Anyway, since we are still in the preparatory stage, I only check into work twice a week to attend meetings. So, I have had a lot of time to lounge around and rest (which I really needed) but this "vacation" time has really thrown my sleeping schedule up for a loop. I have been going to bed at 4,5 am and getting up at noon or 1 pm. This must change soon.

I am also looking for a part-time job since I won't have to go into work everyday for this new job. But the thing about staying home and being lazy is that it's very hard to get out of this funk. So mostly I have just been *thinking* about getting a part-time job and "practicing" the law of attraction for money to just come and sit a while in my bank account. I hope that some of the readers of this blog are experiencing the same thing so I don't feel completely guilty alone.

I am realizing now that I probably should have blogged about my funk earlier because there is some connection between putting stuff on the Internet and a sense of accountability. Even as I am writing this, I already feel social responsibility as a cyber citizen to get my life together, put on some lipstick and go conquer the world.

But before I do that, I should go look for a part-time job.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Hannah. I get into a funk too and it's very easy to do as a stay-at-home mom. I hope you get a part-time job soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails