Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fortune-telling


So, I went and got my fortune read with my friends yesterday. He was pretty much dead-on about my personality, talents, family and other things so I was very interested in hearing what he had to say about my future.

He said next year is going to be a good year for me to meet someone and that my husband and I will be a "goosebump couple" which means we will get along so disgustingly well that we will make other people gag and shudder in goosebumps. (I liked this part. :))

I also heard some very very good news but I will not tell until it really does come true. (and no, it's not about a boy but equally exciting.) If it does come to pass, I am sure y'all hear all about it on here and Facebook come spring.

He also talked about the five elements of the material world: wood, fire, earth, metal, and water and the colors that specifically represent my elements (the color-element relations are different for every person.).

Blue and green are my lucky colors. Red attracts money and men. (He said if I wear more red, I will attract money and men and what girl doesn't want to attract money and men? Well said, brother!) But unfortunately to my horror, my absolute worst color is black. I wear black A. LOT. Most of my wardrobe is made of black. He said wearing black drains me of money. And all this time, I have been blithely lollygaggin' around in black draining my pockets. He said black is a funeral color. Yes, the funeral of my wealth, I say.

So today I did some long over-due spring cleaning. I dug out all my black winter stuff, stomped on them, burned them, buried the ashes and took a shower. Just kidding. But I did dig them out and put them away. Since I didn't bring much summer clothes when I moved to Korea, I don't have much to wear now. I guess that just means I have to go do some shopping. Oh, the burden of my life. I'll just have to hop on the subway and see what's out there.

And if you haven't guessed by now, I will be wearing a lot more red from now on. You will be able to spot me from a mile away every time. (What is that red dot? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Hannah!)

And I will tell you when money and men start pouring in.

P.S. Some of you might wonder if I really believe this kind of stuff. The answer is: ummm, yeah.

5 comments:

  1. I tried that before and they were pretty accurate. It was part of my family's culture to have that. They've been doing that for generations. I don't really like it because when I see fortune teller giving me long face, that was terrifying to get bad news. I get a lot of unfortunate ones but they are not that bad. They said I have to overcome a lot of adversity.

    How long are you staying in Korea? I may visit there for brief vacation after traveling in three places in Asia for work. I am thinking about flying there during mid-autumn festival (Lunar New Year).

    I didn't know black is a bad color. Black is suppose to be good for me but I never wore black, neither do red. White is actually the color of death/funeral for Chinese. However, Chinese avoid black and white in general. I am suppose to wear black. Black is the element of water. White is element of metal. So I thought color does not always signify whether is bad or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the significance of the colors are different for everyone. Black is bad for me but it could be good for you depending on which elements you have and which you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tres interesante!
    I also wear a lot of black. I can't do colours. I just can't.
    I totally want to do this the next time I'm in Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. I've always wanted to try going to a fortune teller, but never have. I need to find out what my money color is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I am pretty sure they have fortune tellers in HK. She should ask Christina! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails