Thursday, April 22, 2010

Musicals, Operas and Home

Last week, we had Broadway director, Robert Johanson on our show. Before the recording started I chatted with him in the greenroom about Monte Cristo, a musical he was directing in Seoul. I felt really homesick talking to him about musicals, operas, and the States.

When the stage was ready, he went out and I sat with the audience and watched the show. He talked about Korean actors and their level of dedication and passion for their work. He was amazed at the level of talent Seoul had. He talked about a lot of other things related to his work and his career, but all I could think about was how much I missed being on stage. I sat there with tears in my eyes. I felt performing was one thing I could not live without. When I was actively practicing and performing, I didn't think much of it. But now that I am not so involved in the musical scene, I feel something vital is missing in my life. I had planned to do a solo recital in Seoul before I went back to the States but I may quit my job a little earlier and audition for something as well. I really miss the stage...

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails