Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pulling Myself Out from Rock Bottom


About a year ago, I hit rock bottom. I was completely depleted of energy, had no motivation and was physically weak. I felt anxious, afraid, and hopeless. But the good news about hitting rock bottom is that there is no where to go but up. And luckily I had enough strength to pull myself out of it step by step.
One thing I realized during this process of pulling myself out of the emotionally gutter was that the level of our physical vibration and energy mattered. As a matter of fact, if we don't understand how our energy works, we won't know how to move out of the state of fear, anxiety, and hopelessness. So, here are some things I have done to boost my energy level and increase my vibration: exercise, meditation, tapping, and practicing the breath of fire.
I didn't like to exercise. I hated running, lifting weights, and being out of breath. But I knew it was crucial to bring my energy up. Running seemed too strenuous so I started walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes a day while watching my favorite Korean TV show for about a month. I didn't push myself. I didn't want to hate the process, so I let myself do what I wanted to do. Watching my favorite Korean TV show made me look forward to the experience. After about a month, I decided to run a little bit. So I did that for about a week. Run a little and as soon as I felt a hint of fatigue, I stopped and just walked. Then, I started running non-stop for 35 minutes. And guess what? I loved it! I never thought I'd say this but I love running now. So, I run 5-6 times a week. The important thing is to keep yourself entertained and provide a fun experience for yourself so your brain can link the experience with pleasure, not pain.
While exercising boosted my energy, meditation saved my mental and emotional well-being. It helped me forgive myself, stay aligned with the Divine, and live in the present moment without resistance. Of course, this is an on-going process and I am still learning a lot about what all this is. Most importantly, it calmed me down and helped me look at life from a bigger perspective. Also reading books on spirituality played a huge role. A couple of books I recommend are A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle and Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra. I have also been listening to Igniting Boundless Receiving by Panache Desai. These are my Bible for life. 
Some of you may think this is "woo woo," but I recently discovered Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) or more commonly known as "tapping." I have heard of tapping before but never looked into it because it sounded silly. But after reading a few endorsements from trustworthy sources, I decided to give it a try. I looked up tapping on Youtube and there are thousands of videos that teach you how to tap for specific problems you have. So, I tried a video on anxiety, and like a miracle, the anxiety disappeared within minutes. The anxiety came back after two days but much lighter in density. I used to wake up feeling anxious and dreadful but I have been surprised to wake up peacefully. I have been tapping for about a week now and the anxiety has decreased about 70%. Not a bad deal.
Another method I discovered to increase motivation and confidence is to practice the breath of fire. It's a type of Kundalini yoga breathing that stimulates the solar plexus area (the pit of your stomach). If your solar plexus area is energetically blocked, you feel timid, scared, unmotivated, hopeless and depressed. The fastest way to feel yourself out of these negative emotions is to do the breath of fire for a few minutes. You will automatically feel more confident and in charge of your life. Keep doing this for a month and see how you change and how much guts you actually have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails