Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Didn't fall off the earth...

So, a lot has happened since last time I wrote on my blog. Family emergency, change of plans, feeling frustrated, starting a side business, etc. I am at a better place now and I am getting ready to move to Seattle. I postponed school to January because my dad was hospitalized and needed someone to take care of him. I am still looking for a roommate in Seattle and I am feeling a bit stressed out about the move and not being able to find funding for my first year.

But on the up side, I am glad Christmas is around the corner so I can spend time with my family before I move. It will be a difficult good-bye when I leave but I am excited about moving to a new city. I will be there for a while so I can really establish some good friendships.

There will be more interesting blog posts once I move to Seattle and things start to move and shake. I am really excited about the classes I will be taking and the new friends I will make. I will keep you posted!

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are doing ok. I hope your father recovers completely! By the way, I was teaching a writing class last quarter and I decided that I wanted my students to have a real audience for their writing, so I had them all create blogs. I linked to your blog as one example of what could be done. I posted about how the class went on my blog. Anyway,good luck with your new city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That means I have to continue to write! LOL. I hope you had a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, it seems like you did fall off the earth! Are you doing ok? I just finished teaching another writing course in which all of the students created blogs. Some like blogging, some don't. I think they all learned something though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I haven't visited my blog in over 5 months and I see this post as soon as you post it! Well, I do have an interesting tale to tell. I'll post soon. :) I am glad you had your students experiment with blogging. It's fun but it can also be stressful. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of the students enjoyed reading each other's writing and some got comments from people outside the class, which made them feel like writers. I am trying to design writing assignments which will work both to expand their writing ability and as blog posts. That in itself requires some imagination. I like teaching this way. My own blog languishes, however. I think blogging is best when it serves a purpose other than self-expression.

    I am glad you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails