Monday, May 2, 2011

Self-Acceptance Day 5

Today was a GREAT day! So, I took my friend's advice and tried an experiment at church. I went to church today with a plan to let my guard down and erase my mind from the shoulds, don'ts, and ifs and let myself just *be*. I didn't *try* to be friendly, or warm or pleasant. I was curious to see what would come out if I simply stopped trying to be anything--good or bad. And guess what? I have discovered that I am pretty damn awesome. I was friendly, warm, pleasant, fun and pretty much really cool. It was a great discovery to realize that just being just me is more than good enough. I felt whole and complete. It was a good day. :)

Exercise:
Self-acceptance is an invitation to stop trying to change yourself into who you wish were for long enough to find out who you really are. When you believe in yourself and you are true to yourself, you will experience the miracle of self-acceptance, which reveals just how uniquely beautiful you are.

Yup, yup. Done and done.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing my bidding in Sunday School and working with Rachel. ;) k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it really wasn't anything. I hope she feels more comfortable at church. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like this is working for you. Yesterday I tried to post a sort of deconstruction of the concept of "real" self, but Blogger wouldn't let me. Probably for the best.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails