Thursday, April 14, 2011

The destination for my next adventure: Seattle, Washington!

The year 2011 has been a challenging one for me in many aspects. But one of the most stressful parts about it was not knowing where I would end up after summer. Since graduating from high school, I have never lived in one city for more than two and a half years. I have been bouncing around from city to city, and country to country. So, one may think I would be used to this way of living and comfortable with uncertainty. Well, not exactly. Up until this week, I didn't know where I was going to end up after this summer. Not knowing where I am going to be and having my life up in the air is a very unsettling feeling. But after a long wait, I am excited to announce that I will be moving to Seattle, Washington to study ethnomusicology at the University of Washington. And I will be there for at least 5 years! Yay!!!!!

A few of my friends are already there right now, so I won't lack for company and I am sure I will make awesome new friends. Jacob, who is studying sociology there, sent me some breath-taking photos of the campus and the music building to get me even more excited to come. :) UW has the best program in my field of study in the west coast so I am thrilled to be studying there. And here are some pictures!



Students playing on the quad



Korean traditional musicians playing kayakeum



The music building



The library







Doesn't this look like heaven? I am sooooooo excited!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Cherry trees! (I think). This sounds very positive. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Have fun up in Seattle (the city of my birth).

    I just met Derrick Ashong http://www.derrickashong.com/ at TEDxUSC the other day. He studied ethnomusicology at Harvard. I'd never really heard much about it before.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tyler! I am very excited to live in Seattle! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails