Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Success? What Success?

For the first time in fourteen years, I met up with a friend I hadn't seen since we graduated from high school. Funny how you can immediately go back in time and feel as though you were in high school just last year. We caught up on each other's life, mainly career and love.

She was a really smart girl in high school so I was surprised that she stopped at just getting an associate's degree. After college, she got a job, saved up and bought a house. I was impressed. I told her, "Wow, you've done really well for yourself," to which she replied, "Well, you've succeeded, too."

I blinked.

How was I successful, I asked. She said I had a master's degree. I laughed. It's interesting how people measure success. Maybe success lies on the greener grass of the other side.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails