Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Mud Festival!

I don't know why they don't do this all over the world. Get some mud, and a bunch of blow-up bouncy obstacle courses, and voila! You have a mud festival! The festival was free (very cool) but we had to pay for extra activities like making mud soap, and pottery and getting a mud facial (my favorite!). Good thing was, they weren't expensive at all! Mud soap + pottery + facial = less than $20.

This festival was created to promote the city of Boryeong and as you can imagine, it generates a lot of business. (If I ever become a mayor of a city, I will most definitely host a mud festival.) Boryeong is famous for (guess what?) MUD! The mud that we used to paint, fight, tug and wrestle in is actually good for the skin. When I rinsed off after playing in the mud for an entire day, my skin felt smooth and soft and I didn't even have to put any lotion on! After I got my mud facial, I looked like I have been translated because my face glowed with amazingness (a true testimony of my friend Diana except for the translated amazingness part).

About 80% of the people at the festival were foreigners (I really cringe when I use this word, but that's the word they use here.) They were English teachers, military people, travelers from all over the world. For a moment, I felt like I was back in the States and felt a little bit homesick.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the festival.



Getting painted.





This was the second time I had a burger in Korea. Sarah (center) was equally excited.







I contributed about 20% to the process.







Transforming into amazingness.




Yeah, this is pretty much how I felt the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like tons of fun. Who doesn't like to get down and dirty in the mud every now and then? haha.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails