Sunday, March 7, 2010

The subway and old people

After spending time with church friends, I got on the subway train to go back home. I sat down and this older lady came rushing in and looked around for a seat but they were all taken. So, I got up and offered her my seat but she adamantly refused and walked away from me. My first thought was, "Oh, man...was she not old?" I thought I offended her by implying that she was too old to be standing. I felt really embarrassed. From now on, I am not going to offer my seat unless he/she has undeniably, indubitably, unquestionably fossilized into a walking relic.

1 comment:

  1. I usually get up and leave the seat open looking like I was going to go. But the Korean subways are much slower than in HK and Japan when you really have to get up as soon as possible to reach the destination.

    I usually let the ones who are pregnant or old man to take a seat. My mom and I always teased each other when someone got up and offer my mom a seat. She realized that she forgot to dye her gray hair.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails