Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Along came the Plastic Surgeon. Take two


After texting back and forth a few times and a couple of short phone calls, I decided that this boy and I were not going anywhere. The signs he sent were wishy-washy, and unimpressive. When we went over 2 weeks without talking, I definitely thought everything was water under the bridge.

Then, the wise woman stepped in.

My former primary teacher (who introduced us) was frustrated that nothing was happening between the two of us so she asked us to have dinner with her. She asked me this past Sunday when I was available and I told her Monday night or Friday night. I didn't hear anything back from her so I thought maybe the three of us would get together on Friday night. I was on my way home from work on Monday when I got a text message from him asking me if I wanted to go see the movie "Rapunzel" that night. (The whole process took about 45 minutes.) I was suspicious that his move might have been manipulated by my primary teacher so I asked her if she had anything to do with it. She said she just asked him if he had a terminal illness or if he was an alien. He got the point and asked me out. Anyway, I thought "Rapunzel" was an interesting choice but I agreed and we went to see the movie.

The movie was cute, I admit. And it was in 3D. The last time I saw an animated movie in the theater was "Aladdin" and things have definitely changed since then. We had dinner after and chatted about various things like what we are currently reading (we both like to read) and about more in-depth, personal things. Like before, we had a great conversation. When he dropped me off, I said "Call me if you ever get bored. I'll come and play with you." I think he appreciated that. ;)

Having said all that, I don't really know where this is all going. He is a very good person. I feel warmth in his presence. Not very many people exude that kind of warmth. Even so, I don't know if there will even be a third date. Well, we are still supposed to have dinner with my former primary teacher but that wouldn't be a date. I don't know what the future holds but I can still look forward to uncertainty unfolding into certainty and enjoy the journey.

Meanwhile, I will just sit back and whistle at the next hot boy that walks by (internally and reverently just in case).

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE TANGLED! Such a cute movie! Anyway, keep us posted on this guy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting situation. Maybe he's just intimidated by your beauty, intelligence, and overall awesomeness, so he is just overwhelmed and doesn't know how to act. :)I hope it works out. You deserve an amazing guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Natalie. This is why I have my girlfriends around. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails