Friday, February 26, 2010

I am finally here.


After premeditating my move to Korea for two and a half months, I have finally arrived! As I walked toward the baggage claim, I saw beautiful pictures of Korean mountains, cities, cultural performances, and historical buildings displayed on the walls of the airport. My first thought was 'Asia is definitely not Europe.' (If you have never been to Asia, you MUST!) Right now, I am staying with my aunt and uncle who live in Bundang, about half hour south of Seoul. I was mesmerized by the neon lights that literally lit the city, the buildings, the people (there are lots of Koreans in Korea!) and how clean the city was. I felt like a country bumpkin finally making her big debut in a city.

Anyway, I am here and I can't believe it! I will be wandering around Seoul today, to take the place in, take pictures and also to see how I feel not being an ethnic minority. (This is a social experiment I am conducting on myself. :op). The last time I was here was in 2002 for a couple of weeks but it feels totally different now. I remember feeling homesick and turning the T.V to an English channel so I can hear English and feel comforted by it. I may resort to that if I do feel homesick but I am planning on staying too busy for that. So, here is my first day in Korea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails